Friday, April 13, 2018

Gym and Sleep Deprived Dreams

Went to the gym Wednesday (4/11):  25 minutes and 300 calories on the Nordic Elliptical.  Downstairs 13x(40+50+60)lbs on the pec fly.  13x(30+40+50)lbs on the deltoid fly.  13x(70+80+90)lbs on the lat pull-down.  3x13 Roman Chair curls.  3x13x35lbs barbell curl.  3x13x40lbs on the triceps pull-down.  2x8x7lbs on side and lateral pull ups.

I felt tired and went to bed early with the grand plan of getting up early to write -- and woke up at 2 AM with a slightly upset stomach.  And sore joints  There was a brief interlude where I went out to look at Scorpio and Jupiter; and Spencer--who was looking in our sliding glass door at Cicero and Smmokey--zipped into our house; and I got a glass of milk; and I moved to the couch so I wouldn't disturb Mark's sleep with my tossting and turning.

I thought about writing at 2 AM... and if it had been a Saturday mornging, I would have.  Instead I let the renaissance music play in my mind's background and observed varous thoughts about work and the novel and my body falling apart and whatever else percolate.

At one point I had a vision of a glowing yellowish-green point which grew into a sphere and filled most of my sight.  Three people were walking through a wood, and then a woman's shoulders and upper head filled the sphere -- it was like looking at an old black-and-white TV (only black-and-green would be closer).  In writing this I've realized that on one level I was replaying the Wicked Witch of the West's cyrstal ball, but at the time I made a mental note to myself that this is how a clairovoant spell would work.  The vision continued, and woman's head multiplied and disintigrated into seperate facial features.  I don't recall what she was saying--there might have been no sound--other than it was vaguely Sybil-like.    

Insert more lucid moments of wondering what time it was at 3:07 AM,  and 3:32 AM, and 4:01 AM and 4:22 AM.

I had been negotating some sort of business deal involving bank loans and stock options while seated in what turned out to be a Victorian Steampunk Sex Museum (Wait, those machines actually still work?  Wait, why are those--  Uh, Ouch! _That_ can't be healthy.)   Our negotiations slowed to a halt.  The proprietess stormed in muttering about keeping the establishment family friendly and turned things off.  A horde of teens dressed in animal costumes was shooed out of a doll house area, and one young man agrily shouted, "Oh my God woman!  You can't get rid of the monsters!"  As he and another glowering young woman stormed by our table, I muttered, "Put the monsters into your head."  

Insert more lucid moments of wondering what time it was at 5:07 AM,  and 5:42 AM, and 6:04 AM and 6:32 AM.



No comments: