Sunday, April 15, 2018

First New Moon of Spring

Tuesday (4/10).  Went to the gym.  Felt a little rushed.  25 minutes and 300 cal on the Nordic Elliptical.  13x(30+50+60)lbs on the pec fly.  13x(30+40+50)lbs on the deltoid fly.  13x(60++70+80)lbs+8x90lbs on the lat pull down.  3x13x35lbs barbell curls 13x3x(30)lbs on the tricepcs pulldown.   

Tuesday Night Writing went slowly: I had misplaced my keyboard, so I wrote longhand.  Writing longhand results in (mostly) better prose as my fingers don't get ahead of my head and I come up better phrases as I'm writing instead of writing whatever and adding synonyms if the first word isn't write (and editing later).



Thursday  (4/12) Feeling fallow.  The other day I was looking through some pictures of a relative's wedding and there I was, sitting in a pew, with what looked like someone's white purse perched on my head.  Or maybe somebody behind me had a white hat.  I stared and stared at the picture, trying to make sense of what I was looking at when I realized it was my hair:  the combination of the long top and close cropped sides had come together to make me look like some old punk rocker or Blank-Reg from Max Headroom.  Comments from my family involving "your grandma Agnes" and
 "cockatoo" were not helpful. 



Saturday (4/14).  35 minutes and 310 cal on the Nordic Elliptical.  13x(30+50+60)lbs on the pec fly.  13x(30+40+50+50)lbs on the deltoid fly.  13x(60++70+80+80)lbs+8x90lbs on the lat pull down.  3X13 Roman Chair curl-ups.  3x13x35lbs barbell curls 13x3x(30)lbs on the tricepcs pulldown.  2x8x7.5lbs front and side pull-ups.  

Writing this week has gone slowly.  I think I'd call it editing more than anything else.  The project is holding steady at 40,000 words.  I'm at that point where it feels like the piece is more a collection of events with the same characters... and the character motivation and emotions need work.First 



Sunday (4/15).   I came across a Facebook posting from Selena Fox:  a picture of a dark disk surrounded by Celtic knot-work and the phrase "Dark moon. Dark moon.  We attune."  I like that, and I added "sometimes "we attune" feels like "we crave dark chocolate to stave off the feelings of listlessness and depression and to dampen the Call of The Void."  

I suppose that I should look into what it is about new moons that is connected to my low energy / uncreative state  (it's something I've noticed since the 1980's) so I can figure out if it's a circadian rythem or a self-induced placebo effect, or what.

No comments: