Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Fantasy Worlds and Language

Tuesday night was a writing night.  I think I managed 2500 words (Scrivener on the iPad reports word counts in a different fashion from Scrivener on the Mac).  I focused on character emotions more, and rounded out a minor character from a 1D girlfriend to a 2D girlfriend. 

Language bits that are interesting; I was describing a character's proclivities as not Sapphistical, when I realized that this is a Fantasy World and the historical Sappho doesn't exist, therefore, I'd need to come up with a different word.  . . . and as I'm writing this I'm realizing the Island of Lesbos doesn't historically exist, either.  I guess while I'm at it, things can't get erotic, because the pantheon that includes Eros wasn't around.   Bother.

No comments: