Thursday, February 22, 2018

Gym and Writing and Tequila

Went to the gym Wednesday.  260 cal on the Nordic Eliptical.  3x13x30lbs on the deltoid fly.  13x(30+40+50)lbs on the pec fly.  13x(40+50+60+70)lbs on the lat pull-down.  3x13 curls on the Roman Chair.  3x13x30lbs barbell curls.  13X(30+30+40)lbs on the triceps pulldown.  2x5x7lbs on a lat extension (apparently I should always keep my thumbs up, so rotating my arms to an open lat extension is not so good).

Wednedsay Word Count:  650 words, mostly in the evening.  The "introduce the friends to the boy-friend" scene is threatening to turn into an Agatha Christie "the murder suspects are seated for dinner" scene.  I think ten minutes of sitting down and drawing a quick map of a small lodge and garden (and cutting down the house staff) is in order.

 I looked at Tuesday night's words and they're is a definite trend of deminishing returns as the day progressed.  I think I had 400 words Tuesday morning, then about 800 from the afternoon and early evening, then another 800.  The last 800 were a feuled in part with margaritas; so while there were some useful character relavations from Jerick (the axe-fighter) to Vance (the wizard)  that I can use during an intimate emotional scene, there was also a significant portion--I'd say about a third--of my id writing gay erotica.

I need to train my id to have a wider vocabulary.  And how to spell.

Writing with tequila only confirms my earlier experiences that drinking and writing produces mixed results at best.  Also, as Tim Powers wisely said at WOTF over a decade ago, you don't want your writing to be dependent on a ritual like alcohol (or caffeine or any other mood altering substance).


Thursday morning and it's snowing.  School's are on a two-hour delay, but Mark may just keep The Child home (editor's note:  there wasn't nearly as much snow as there appeared to be before sunrise, and The Child went to school).



No comments: