Monday, January 15, 2018

Gym, Movies, and Writing

Went to the gym Sunday evening.  200 calories on the Nordic elliptical.  3x12x30lbs on the deltoid fly.  12x(30+40+50)lbs on the pec fly.  13x(40+50+60) on the lat pull-down.  3x13 Roman chair curls.   3x12x30lbs barbell curls.  3x12x30lbs triceps curls.


Went with the family to see "The Post."  It was a clever, fast movie.  Tom Hanks and especially Meryl Streep acted well.  I loved the costuming.  The sexism of the early 70's was skillfully apparent.

Mark told me afterward, but apparently whenever a character was put into their place, The Child was muttering "wrecked" under his breath.   The only bad thing about the movie was that another movie patron apparently swam in cologne before entering the theatre, which gave us all mild headaches after the movie.


Today (Monday) was a Writing Day -- it turned into a marketing (two stories rejected in the past 24 hours and two stories sent out) and Scrivener maintenance day; what I didn't do in word count I made up for in novel research.  After looking at a bunch of stalled -- well, maybe "stalled" is the wrong word -- manuscripts, I opted to go with expanding a flash piece I wrote last year and writing it in the same double-moon world as another story, "The Lapis Heron" (which I really need to find a home for).

No comments: