Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Gym and Writing

Went to the gym Monday Night under the assumption that it would be a good way to wind down... but it turned out that it woke me up.  So... note to self:  get out of the gym by 8 PM.   15 minutes each on the elliptical and the cable rowing machine.  Took it a little easier on the downstairs machines although I was tempted to increase the weights.  3x12x30lb on the deltoid pulls.  30+2x50lbs on the pec fly.  40+50+60lbs on the lat pull-down.  3x13 Roman Chair pull-ups.  3x12x25lbs barbell curls.   We'll see how much my hands and shoulders ache Tuesday (not much).

In more mundane news, it's the beginning of the Winter Term and finding a parking stall is a challenge. I'm hoping things will improve once the first week is over and everyone stops driving to their classes.  I'm pretty sure that pedestrians are becoming less and less aware of their surroundings as the years go by -- and I blame cell phones and music players.  

On the writing front; sent out a short story and got a quick rejection (fast market, low acceptance rate; so not unexpected) and I sent it right out (to a market I usually get form "guess why your story is rejected" rejections from).  A beta reader gave me some really good suggestions for a 4200 word story, and incorporating them into the manuscript is the current writing project -- I hope to send this one to Sword and Sorceress.  
  
On the dream front, I dreamed I was reading a lavishly illustrated and well written book; it had lots of flourishes in it, but it wasn't so ornate that the text was difficult to read ("Story of the Glittering Plain," I'm looking at you).  

Lately, I've been having many dreams with intrusive conversations or music in them, so I'm thinking that there's a new Night Owl renting in our neighborhood.  

No comments: