Thursday, July 13, 2017

Mid July Update

Last week the Internet went out at our house, which made for a quiet evening of reading and compass work.  The family put in a DVD and watched an old Disney movie instead of streaming something.

I've been reading recreationally more this week:  I just finished "Tales of Earthsea," which I'd never read before, and I'm in the middle of "The Ship in the Hill."  One of the first stories in "Tales" seemed oddly prescient of the current political climate, given that it was written in 2001... but now that I think about it, it would have been written during the GW Bush administration.  "Ship," is fun, combining two parallel tales of Vikings and 1901 archeology.

The Fourth put a crimp in my gym work, and the last visit was Sunday.

Went to the gym Monday (7/10) 20 some minutes on the elliptical for 200 calories; 3X12X60lbs on the pec fly; 3X12X80lbs on the lat pull-down.  3X12 Roman Chair curls, with 2X5 side curls.  3X12X40lb barbell curls.

Went to the gym Wednesday  (7/12) 25 some minutes on the elliptical for 250 calories; 3X12X60lbs on the pec fly; 3X12X85lbs on the lat pull-down.  3X12 Roman Chair curls, with 2X5 side curls.  3X12X40lb barbell curls. 2X8X40lb reverse curles.  Assorted 12lb shoulder shrugs.

Tried to write Thursday.  Getting up and awake was a chore because Cicero wouldn't come in last night and I finally just went to bed about forty minutes later than I'd originally planned.  Wrote maybe 200-300 words of garbage.

No comments: