Friday, September 04, 2015

Gym Journal

Working out:  Went in Thursday afternoon.  300 cal in 25 minutes on the elliptical, 120 cal in 12 minutes on the rowing machine.  Assisted (14) chin-ups 2/10)  and dips  3/12.  Pec-fly (3/12/50), Lat Pull-down (3/13/80), Curl-ups (2/13).   Sometime during the chin-ups, the endorphins (or testosterone or something) kicked in.   It's distracting because I start laughing and snorting, and the phrase "Suggestive moose poses suggested by..." becomes very funny.  It's a good thing Led Zepplin's "Whole Lotta Love" didn't start playing over the gym's stereo or I would have dropped a weight on my foot laughing.

I've just started to try to eat less bread and wheat-based crackers and more things like peanut butter and tuna and chicken in an attempt to encourage my body to absorb the paunch sitting over my waist.  

Writing:  Some critique during the morning, and then again on the elliptical, and then later.  I also imported some SimpleNote files into Scrivener.

No comments: