Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Poetry, Dreams and Research

 Yes. There's bad poetry in the Book of Art...
What do Mr. Spock, myself from a dream as an ancient priest with a rhyton, and Marcus Cole have in common?  I'm not sure, but I have some ideas, and if you have any, you could share them with me.


 I also write research notes.


Working Out:  Went to the gym Monday afternoon.  Read a manuscript on the eliptical, which mostly worked except when I had to turn a page and became aware of my balance and that I was stomping on pedals that were going up and down.  Managed 120 calories in 20 minutes and a 4000 word manuscript.  Went on to the rowing machine (110 calories in 10 minutes, without the manuscript) and assisted chin-ups and dips.  Did 3/12 curl-ups on the Power Station, 3/12 40lbs pec flies, 3/12 80 lb lat pulls.  

Writing:  I haven't been as regular or productive at morning writing sessions as I was this time last Summer.  Part of last year's success is that I used a LED candle to wake myself up at 5 AM so I could write; the candles have a clock in them so they turn on at the same time every day for four hours.  The candles are great, but they do take batteries, and the batteries slowly die -- so the candles' LED flames become dimmer and dimmer and dimmer.  This summer, their dimming coincided with the increase in morning light, which I thought I could use as a Time-To-Write prompt, but I guess not.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to write more.

No comments: