Monday, June 01, 2015

Writing in Sickness

Ug.  This weekend was very much a do-nothing weekend; I caught The Child's sickness, so I've been lying around not doing a whole lot with an upset stomach.

Writing:  I managed to get a little bit of writing done before I threw up Saturday.  Sunday I did some critique. Actually I guess I did do some character sketches as well.  Monday morning I got up earlyish and thought about the plot for the story The Child gave me an idea for.   The difficulty with the story is that it wants to turn into one of those Socratic dialog stories between a prisoner and a guard.  I'm also making an effort to break out of the Disney model and have Mom be an alive character.  I looked at the very minimal plot outline I have (X does Y.  Y does Z), and asked myself "why?"   I still need to tweak things, but it's a start.

When I got home from work, I still felt under the weather, so I took a nap and did not write nor go to the gym.

Last night (Sunday) we had a terrific lighting storm.  I think it lasted at least an hour and it dropped .2 inches of rain.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a wet June.  Already the trick door which indicates dry ground is beginning to be tricky; it usually doesn't act up until July.

No comments: