Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Journal: Pollen

Pollen season has officially arrived.  Mark will be extra-sneezy and stuff for the next six to eight weeks.   I think it's making me extra sleeeepy or something -- at any rate, that's one reason why I think I was having difficulty writing the other day.  It was one of those days when I would type and either stream-of-consciousness stuff would leak out or else I would type the same phrases over again.

The last irises were blooming, so I cut them and brought them into the house.  Mark added some lilac and verbena.  I think there will be about two more days of being able to smell their earthy perfume.  I'll have to look them up in some of my books to see if the ancient sages would use them to gain visions or something, because -- as I've written before -- the smell reminds me of a sweeter version of myrrh.  

Working Out:  I went to the gym Sunday.  I tried out one of the elliptical machines as a warm-up.  My arm was doing okay until Saturday when I aggressively yanked my hiking boots while I was tying them:  which my elbow did not like.  I can tell when I don't go to the gym, because my beach-ball/bicycle-tire expands.  

Writing:  I did some line editing, critiquing, and attempted to write over the weekend.  Monday I managed to get up at 5:30 and got a good hour's worth of new work done  on the fairy tale story.  

No comments: