Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Dream: Minecraft Trails

Minecraft is big at our house.  Mindfull of how much time time (too much!) I spent in SecondLife, I'm trying to keep my Minecraft play down to about one or three hours a week; my current long-term project is building in creative peaceful single player mode and I'm working on a "Hanging Gardens of Babylon."  (Now if someone would be a little more careful about where and how much dynamite they use...)

Last night Mark was figuring out how to ride a horse, and I think that might have been why I dreamt I walked alone on a steep and narrow mountain path through a wooded area.  There was something about riding or finding a horse, and I was supposed to meet up Mark and some other friends, but I wound up in a kind of Forrest Ranger chalet structure based loosely on the ranger station near Belknap Hot Springs.    There was a CD of music playing in the store, two operatic singers performing something like "Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes," but it might have been something like "Never Weather-Beaten Sail."   It was getting late, and I needed to get back, but I made a wrong turn, and wound up not going back on the path along the wooded mountain slope, but to a mix between the Oregon Enchanted Forest and a trailer park.


Word Count:  800 words in 87 minutes.  Mostly I'm thinking about how I want the story to go.  I think I've got the ending very roughly blocked.  I've got the beginning.  For a change, I should try "writing the story backwards" and polish off the end and work toward the beginning.


No comments: