Friday, August 08, 2014

Abs of Tin

Around July 15th, I joined a gym.

It was supposed to be a surprise for Mark, but he discovered my day-glow gym shirt and socks.

I've been fairly good about going four out of five days a week ever since.  I have a little routine with a rowing machine and various gym machines, like the pec fly machine.  I actually cut back a day or two here or there when I learned that when you clink weights you're supposed to give your body a recovery day.

In any case, moving exercise machines around and cutting back a little bit on cheap chocolate and Pepsi seems to be having the sorts of effects that I want.  And one more... The last few days, I seem to be hungry all the time.  I'm blaming the rowing machine and burning through 120 calories in 12 minutes  for this one.

I think feeling hungry is natural... and I'm wondering if there's something, like bananas or glasses of water, that I can ingest instead of, say a whole chicken or--actually, I kind of don't want a Pepsi, which seems weird.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that this is a sign that I've kicked my metabolism up a notch, and that it will now obediently turn to consuming the fat stores that snuck around from my back and joined over my abdomen.  Once those melt away, I look forward to Abs of Tin. 

No comments: