Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mid March Bug

I'm fighting off some sort of bug which appears to be living in my lower GI track and reminding me of the description one of my woman friends told me about what having a period is like:  "Imagine someone wearing pointy cowboy boots has placed them on either side of you, just below the ribcage, and is kicking them into you for three days.  Luckily, I seem to be on day one, which started around 3 AM.

On the plus side, I'll probably be able to cut way back on my caffeine, as all I really want to eat or drink are ginger based foods (not too much of those) and carbonated drinks (which start to feel good, but then make me feel bloated until I burp).  Bananas and yogurt seem like a good idea until about ten minutes later.

On the minus side, all I really want to do is take a nap.


No comments: