Friday, December 20, 2013

Bishop of Bling?

One of the things I do each holiday season is attempt to photograph Christmas Tree ornaments. My camera is great, but the tree lights confuse the auto-focus, as does any reflection off of metal. So, I have taken a lot of shots that came out blurry (thank goodness my camera is digital).

This year, I made this visual discovery. In the foreground is a bishop mouse that's been in the family since the 1970's.  I've always liked the bishop mouse, probably because it's wearing a purple cassock. Fast forward to a few years ago, when I saw a shopping-cart ornament, and knew that I had to add it to the collection we put on the tree.  Put them together, and suddenly you've got The Bishop of Bling.

Sadly, this year, I couldn't find the Holy Christmas Tarantula (with red and green ribbons) among the boxes of decorations.

No comments: