Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Charging Your Writing

This weekend we went to eastern Oregon. Mark had a good time skiing with some friends and I stayed off the mountain and wrote. We had a fun time visiting with our friends. Just to prove that I didn't stay in a cave the entire weekend, I'll post some photos of Monkey Face at Smith Rock.

I managed to finally finish (mostly) a short story I've been working on for a while. Then I went back to something I'd started a few months ago and set aside. To my astonishment, the beginning wasn't as slow and horrible as I thought ti was. Now, of course, I have to write the ending.

One funny thing that happened: I left my iPad charger at home by mistake. Which meant that my use of the device had to be rationed. It had a funny effect on how I checked e-mail and various social media -- it enforced a quick in-and-out strategy instead of a lingering browsing strategy. I probably got more done this weekend as a consequence.

In other writing news, I managed to sell another story to On The Premises. They liked the world-building quite a lot.

No comments: