Thursday, January 03, 2013

More Early Morning Writing

This morning's writing started out with me repeating Niaomi Kritzer's statement to engineers: Always assume there will be cats. Smokey, our cat, decided that he really happy to see a human up at 5:15 AM because it was obvious that I would now be able to play with him and stroke his fur. He was a little disappointed that I had honest-to-goodness tea in my mug and not something more sensible, like cat food.

And then, a few moments later, it was time for a reprisal of Evita as the fast food I ate yesterday, which apparently had Deadly Green Peppers in it, got far enough into my system to cause trouble. As I abandoned my heroine, who was sailing on a lake with a mysterious stranger, I rushed to the bathroom as quietly as I could so as not to wake anyone. And I muttered, "She's sad for her people; sad to be betrayed by her own weak body..." Several times.

Other than that, I think that doing quick outline of "candy bar scenes" and having them read helped to prevent me from staring at a blank screen while I simultaneously tried to wake up and think of what to write. I got about 700 words.

No comments: