Sunday, October 28, 2012

More Renderings



I haven't been writing much in this blog, mostly because I've been really busy.

Here's a cylinder of interlocked circles I created in Blender.  I had a sudden insight about how to do it this.  I'd been thinking about carving pumpkins.  Jenn Wild had forwarded me a photo of an insanely carved pumpkin that was a carousel with horses.  I'd been thinking about zillij and how I might use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make a vague kind of Moroccan lamp.  The images must have been bumping around in my head because I figured out that I could use a Boolean intersection to make the individual rings, then use Blender's spin function to make a ring of interlocked circles, then use the array function to stack them.

The whole operation took about 45 minutes.  If I'd tried this a year ago, the rings would have been flat, and I would have spent several days trying to stack everything just so.





No comments: