Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Writing Progress

Today was going to be the day when I wrote.... but then I made a stupid mistake syncing a manuscript between Scrivener and SimpleNote and the next thing I knew I was digging through backups to restore an accidentally deleted scene.  All I can say is, bless you, Scrivener, for automatically backing up my manuscripts.

On the "It's Not Working Because You're Doing It Wrong" front, I have a writing office that, by bits and pieces over the Winter Holiday, transformed into a junk drawer.  I have a bad habit of tossing things I'm not quite sure what to do with into my office; which is literally a spare closet.  I cleared out reconfigured the piles of paper and reclaimed the space.  Now I have to make the painful decision about what to do with my Very Old Desktop. It has a lot of Illustrator files on it, which I'd like to keep... but if I wiped the hard drive and recycled (or re-purposed) it, I'd probably get an extra three feet back in my writing closet.  The goal is to have a space I can write in without hurting my wrists, neck, back or feet, keep my writing and art projects from encroaching on the rest of the house, and that will be able to facilitate more than one project at a time.

Sounds like a day-by-day task...




No comments: