Thursday, June 09, 2011

Working for a Living

I've started a new desktop support job.  So my mind is a little focused on learning new routines. 

It also means things writing-related have been back-burnered. 

My new job is too far away to walk to, but close enough that I feel guilty riding a car there.  The bus routes, unfortunately, are awkward enough that it would probably take less time to walk than it would to take a bus.  So that leaves me with the biking option. 

On one hand, riding a bike to work will be good exercise, and it is good for the planet.  On the other hand, I stopped riding my bike to work after being rear-ended, on my bike, stopped at a stop-sign, by a car.  Luckily, I wasn't knocked over, but my shoulders were a little jerked and I was lucky that I wasn't propelled into busy traffic.  Oh - and this was on a bike route.  

Anyway, my bicycle is in the shop (after about eight years of neglect) and I should be riding off to be productive some time next week.  On a new route.  Through school zones. 

Now if I can only find that kryptonite lock key....

No comments: