Monday, March 15, 2010

The Cynical Neo-Pagan

This morning during a writing break, I was speaking with a fellow writer, Loreen H., about how it was the New Moon, and my plans to write a "prosperity check" to myself for $1000 with "from selling short stories" on the memo line. And blog about it.

"Wow," she said. "I think you're the most cynical Pagan I know. Not spiritually but on the surface, you're almost like an atheist. ...Sort of like some pony-tailed professor atheist."

"Well," I said, "It's a side effect of wanting to be a Neo-Pagan Thomas Aquinas. I suppose if I were being honest, I'd really write, 'Being Able To Say a Variation on "Ha! Where is Your Goddess Now?!"'"

Our mutual friend, Jai, added, "And the universe will oblige you."

So. I've written my check, and now I'm going to forget about it until next new moon. We'll see if my acceptance level goes up (which, all things being equal, I'm not expecting).

I feel myself becoming more spiritual already....

No comments: