Friday, November 06, 2009

Flu and Friday

No more vivid dreams the last few days.

I've been reading, "The Age of Wonder." Sometimes I have to skim through the minutia of who was drinking with whom. Where the book works, it's really interesting. I especially like the section on William Hershel, and I have fun imagining what it must have been like in 1800 when the size of the solar system (and pretty much the known universe) doubled with the discovery of Uranus.

The other aspect that I find striking is how little the author mentions the American War for Independence -- so far I've read about King George a little and the apprehensions between the British and the French. Ben Franklin has only been touched on as a Francophile.

On the shoulder front: my shoulder is still stiff; I'm slowly getting more flexibility.

On the writing front: I've finished two short stories, and now I need to get them mailed out.

No comments: