Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation Lessons

We're back from vacation and I'm sipping mint tea. We're mostly unpacked and I'm listening to the laundry machines working. Whew.

Things I've (re)learned
  • I always over-pack.
  • A plastic knife, a shovel, and a bucket can help make a pretty mean sandcastle.
  • Clam-guns are dangerous in the wrong hands.
  • Chopping wood as an exercise in the appropriate force at the appropriate place is fun.
  • Fire good!
  • Life's too short for cheap tequila and gin.
  • Beach towns are sort of like high school: they're not quite in the real world.
  • I need to plan my funeral before I'm dead and someone is comparing my life to a Nascar race, Kentucky Fried Chicken, or other wildly irrelevant subjects.
  • The only sunscreen I can think of that doesn't make me feel greasy at the end of the day is a really big hat. With a veil.
  • Morning light is overrated, especially when I'm in bed.
  • I'm probably too out of shape to out-run a tsunami.
  • I'm glad we don't have television service.
  • I'm a better person when I get around eight hour's solid sleep.
  • Always take the photo you want when you see it.
  • Mark is wonderful.


Now. Off to do that sleep thing...

No comments: