Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I've been feeling a little bleah the last few days -- I'm not sure if it's from the change in light or from my flu shot.   Chocolate and hot tea help; and in a OMG-why-isn't-this-woman-exhausted way, so does the blog of Mary Robinette Kowal.

In house news:  painted the rain gutters.  Now we have to re-attach them (just in time for the two inches of rain forecast for the next twenty-four hours).

In writing news:  Got a form rejection last week.  I need to sit down and send more stories out via USP.   It would be nice to sell something.  

I've been working on a Wordos experiement; it's hard -- it's a short story with a very specific outline.  I suppose it's building character, and I have to work myself up to work on the story.  

Last week I completed two flash fiction pieces; they're going to Wordos for critique tonight.  One is grim, the other one's fluffy and kooky; we'll see which one (if any) the Wordos like.  

3 comments:

Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Heh. The answer is that I am often exhausted, I just don't blog that bit.

John said...

Ah. Well, I'm still amazed at all the puppetry, keyboard mods, stories, columns, and art directing that does make it onto your blog.

And I still have yet to start in on the papier mâché fish (but at least our storm gutter drains are up).

Mary Robinette Kowal said...

I suspect the gutters were probably the right choice.