Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Imposter

Today was Mark's first day back to work and my first day since the 19th as Full Time Stay At Home Dad.  

I'm very aware of routines right now; and I'm evaluating which ones are good for writing (like getting regular sleep) and which ones are bad for writing (like spending too much time with e-mail and the blog).  

I think the best habit I can get into is using my cell phone to dictate notes to myself when Arthur is busy seeing how many times he can whack a brick with a plastic toy hammer.

Steve told us about feeling like an imposter -- like we had somehow fooled folks into believing we were writers.  But what he didn't say was how it would change how we perceive rough drafts we're currently working on....  I'm pretty sure I'm doomed.  I think that's a good thing.

No comments: