Friday, August 03, 2007

The Return of Master Thespian

Scene: Morning. Arthur's bedroom. John has entered because he's heard a rhythmic thwacking noise.

John (thinking it's kind of late in the morning, but grateful for a calm breakfast): "Are you awake?"

Arthur (stops kicking wall and rolls over to smile at John)

John (wondering if Arthur might be having another molar pop out, touches Arthur's neck)

Arthur: "Where am I? I have a fever. Call the doctor."

John (eyes popping out): "What? Do you really have a fever?"

Arthur (smiling): "Chocolate."





Arthur's made up a song. I don't know what it means, and I'm not sure what it's patterned after. I mean, it's pretty easy to figure out that the song "Truely Squish-squish" is from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's "Truely Scruptious."

The new song is the phrase "Baby Shenks" repeated a semi-random number of times, sometimes ended with the phrase "Go away." It has the same cadence as "Motor boat, motor boat, go reall slow." Except that I don't think we've been saying that lateley.

In slightly different news, after hearing a three-person Pearwood Piper rehearsal of "Jog On, Jog On, The Footpath Way" and "I Gave Her Cakes and I Gave Her Wine", not only is Arthur singing back phrases from those songs, but words like "hent" (to jump over) and "merry" are entering his vocabulary.

I've already called up the Shrew of Shrewsbury so that Arthur could say, "Huzzah!" after I prompted him with a "Hip Hip!" Looks like Mark may be spending more time at Renaissance Faires.

No comments: