Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Moon Wednesday

Today was a new moon day. I try to feel mystic on new moon days, but usually I end up feeling low-energy and listless.

Today was a four Pepsi can day. It was fun while it lasted.

Today I ate a lot of chocolate. Hopefully I won't get a case of "backne."

Today was a Värttinä day. With any luck, hearing the song "Äijö" won't require therapy sessions for Arthur. I like the vocals and the percussion. Now if I could only figure out what they're singing -- I'd ask my Grandmother, but as she's Norwegian and the band is Finnish that wouldn't get me very far. Oh... wait... the lyrics are at the Varttina web site. (reads English translation) Oh. (reads more lyrics) How cheery. Oh, wait... here's a Quick Time movie of the group (16 MB) singing Äijö. Hmmm... I'm not sure but I think it's ABBA meets "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

One of today's high points was opening up "The Fearful Parent" Magazine to their laughable and pathetic "For Dads" collumn. This month's dad was shirtless, had low riding jeans so you could see his white Calvin Klein underwear band, and boasted a large koi tatoo on his shoulder and triceps. I guess I'm going to have to get ink done.

Muriel continues to be an irritant.

No comments: