Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sixteen Minutes of Babbling

I made the front page of the local newspaper along with fellow Wordo Damon Kaswell.

The article is here (requires registration).

It was lots of fun being interviewed. Damon and I met the reporter at Tsunami Books. I had Arthur with me; so I thought maybe Arthur would make the paper, too. Mark came in half-way into the interview and Arthur and he explored the bookstore (I thought maybe Mark might make the news, too; but since he's not a writer, he didn't).

Having read the (edited) article and compared it to my memory, I've decided I need to sit down and work out sound-byte answers to various questions so I don't rattle on like Hobbit going on about geneology.
  • When did you first start writing?

    In 1982 -- I got bored with my high school English vocabulary assignment and incorporated the weekly assigned words into short stories.

  • What kind of stories do you write?

    Stories wherin the protagonist must make a choice about how to live.

  • Who are your favorite authors?

    Ursula K Le Guin, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles de Lint, and Jane Yolen.

I'm sure there are more, but I need to get to work on a story while the house is quiet.

No comments: