Saturday, March 24, 2007

Christ Died for This?

Mark and Arthur hopped into Mark's truck and went on a trip. I got lots of gardening done -- I placed a paver ring around our ornamental cherry and (finally) planted iris. I also got about two hours in on a short story that I want to send to Sword and Sorceress.

Mark and Arthur returned from their adventures with emergency cat food (Fred Meyers was having a sale). . . . and an Easter (ahem) toy -- a small animatronic rabbit-ear wearing chicken that fills the entire house with the "music" of The Chicken Dance. Somewhere along the way Arthur has learned to place his hands under his arms and flap like a barnyard bird. I don't have all the details, but apparently, Arthur entertained a very large shopping establishment for ten minutes.

I can see that I'm going to have to get a copy of Switched on Brandenburgs and The Well Tempered Synthesizer to counteract all the "musical" toys Mark keeps buying for Arthur.

I suppose asking for your prayers for weak batteries would be wrong. Uh, send earplugs?

No comments: