Monday, January 01, 2007

Still a Finalist

Well...

Still no word from WotF.

On Dec 28 I had my first Finalist Anxiety Dream: I dreamt Joni Labaqui, the WotF Contest Director, wasn't really the Contest Director at all, but some sort of literary grifter. I hadn't really reached finalist status, it was all a confidence scam to get into my bank account and steal my identity.

I guess I'm going to have to watch what I eat before going to sleep.

Even though I know some of my fellow Wordos from the year's previous quarters had to wait a really long time (OK, four weeks) to hear about how their stories placed, I kind of hoped that the e-mail that said I'd hear from them "in the next few days" meant within the next seven days. Yeah, I know, it's an unrealistic expectation, especially given the holidays. Still I secretly thought I might receive a New Year's Eve phone call.

So. Now I wait and try not to visit The WotF Blog Site too many times a day and try not to count unhatched chickens.

1 comment:

Pat Lundrigan said...

I had to wait 4 months after finding out I was a finalist in 2Q06.
But they have to finalize the antho soon, so you should hear any day now.