Thursday, December 30, 2004

Review: Polar Express

When the credits for The Polar Express rolled across the screen, I didn't stay in my seat to see who hap produced the movie. I stayed in my seat because I was exausted.

I would describe The Polar Express as technically dazzling, spooky, beautiful and frantic, Frantic, FRANTIC! As Mark said, "I don't think I've ever seen that much peril in a movie before."

The music was OK -- although there was one Extreamly Sappy Song. It would be fine except that it's stuck in my head a week after viewing. Mark liked the dance number song -- I enjoyed the dancing more.

My favorite part of the movie is when the hero looks through a keyhole and we see the keyole shape reflected in his pupil and through that what he sees.

The funniest scene was when the elves started singing. I also liked the wolves and carabu herd.

The film will probably frighten very small children and I wouldn't recommend watching it next to anyone with acrophobia or vertigo. CGI and train fans will enjoy it.
-----
John Burridge (via palm)

Respice, adspice, prospice.

No comments: